Monday, April 21, 2014

My Obsession.

Robert Munsch's book titled "LOVE YOU FOREVER". Has always been my top favorite book since I was younger. But recently I read an article about this book. That solidified my LOVE for it!



It was an interview with Mr. Munich on 'What inspired' this beloved popular children's book. He went on to explain that him & his wife had lost 2 babies. They were Stillborn. He wrote this book for them! This article didn't mean as much or didn't hit home as much as it does now, months later.

I have read this book to my own children as they have grown up & I will continue doing so, for as long as I can! Quite often, you can hear myself or my oldest son singing it to a baby that is needing comfort or to a child that is tired.

The meaning behind this book is so powerful! A mother that LOVES her son SO MUCH as he grows up, that every night while he sleeps, she rocks him & sings to him!

I would like to believe that Mr. Munsch wrote this book for his Wife's aching heart. To help sooth their aching souls. To truly put into words what THEY (and anyone else who has lost a baby or child) would have wanted to do with their son!

IMAGINE HIM...HOLD HIM...SING TO HIM...ROCK HIM...JUST LOVE HIM!

After Harbor died, this article about this book came to mind. Now every time I'm in a  thrift shop and I see this book...I HAVE TO BUY IT. No joke. I have 8 copies of this book right now sitting on my shelf above Harbor's Memory Box. On this past Saturday, I bought 2 of them!

So I have been thinking for the past 2 weeks that I wanted to do something special for the 3 other couples in our Grief Support Group. But I have been having a hard time figuring out what to do or make or give to them. That was until I found those last 2 copies of this book. My ONLY fear is...that I will come across, as an insensitive jerk. That, maybe, my thoughtful, loving gesture, will come across as a painful reminder that our babies aren't here. So I talked with my little sister about my idea and she suggested that I write a personal note to each of the couples inside or in a card to give to them along with the book. So that they could know that I mean well. That sounded like a great idea to me!

Tonight is our last Grief Support Group meeting. I am sad because it has been really helpful. It's nice to be able to talk about my feelings openly with others that understand. Who aren't judge mental or make me feel like I'm burdening them with my grief. So tonight as we share our babies memories & mementos with each other...I will be giving these books, as a way to honor Harbor!

And Because Harbor isn't here for me to read to or sing to in person, I am singing out loud to him the song:

"I love you forever!
I like you for always!
As long as I'm living
my baby you'll be!"

Because as long as I'm living......My Baby.....You'll be!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back Ground