Friday, April 18, 2014

Staying United.

Then, For this Weeks assignment, it was about Grieving as a Couple. We filled out a Work sheet, on what we thought about ourselves & our spouses and our processes of Grieving. I found it quite surprising to find out that my husband & I were very much on the same page. There were a few things that I didn't realize that my husband does...like I didn't realize that he looks at pictures & touch's Harbor's stuff. That was nice to know. Also at the bottom of our Work sheet it had 5 questions. The following are the questions & my personal responses:

Homework (Week 3) Couples Work Sheet ~April 13, 2014~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1.) When I am upset or hurting, what I really want from my partner is...
*To feel loved. Not be pressed to talk about whatever is making me upset. Sometimes, just left alone.

2.) My partner tries to help by...
*Hugging me. Talking to me. Sometimes he makes dinner or takes over with the bigger kids.

3.) If I could ask my partner to do one thing for me, it would be...
*To continue letting me know...He loves me & that I am doing a good job. Basically, I want to feel validated.

4.) Probably the biggest problem my partner and I face is...
*Miscommunication. Which leads to frustration & anger. Then, Arguing. It can be over something one of us thought the other said or didn't say. And not understanding where the other is on the Wheel of Grief.

5.) I now realize that if i could change one thing about myself in order to get a long better with my partner as we grieve, it would be...
*Be more compassionate towards my husband. Happily do things to help make life better for him, so he won't feel so stressed out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This new up in coming week is considered our last and final week of meeting in our Short Term Group. This weeks journaling topic is to write a condolence letter to our spouse about our loss. And/or write a letter letting our spouse know what we need or want from them during this healing process.

I have chosen to write a condolence letter to my husband. But I will save that for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back Ground