Sunday, May 18, 2014

Value.

I feel so alone at times on this perpetual grief cycle.

(This is a Grief Wheel)
How hard is it for other people...grieving parents of miscarried babies, late term miscarried babies, Stillborn babies, infant loss babies, aborted babies, etc...to accept that a loss is a loss, no matter how "old" the baby is.

I read a comment today that was written by a mother that lost her baby during her 36th week of pregnancy. She made a comment about how people like me whom have lost a baby before 20 weeks, shouldn't be categorized with grieving parents of a "Stillborn" baby (a baby that dies after the 20th week.) Basically saying that I don't  have the same rights, to mourn as she does.

So I have taken this comment so personal, it astounds me. Why should I mourn the loss of Harbor any LESS then her? Oh because she had more time with her developing baby. Because my heart couldn't possibly have bonded with him as much as she did with her baby.

Harbor had just as much potential as any other child or baby that has died. Why should his death be any different then her babies? Because of a few weeks?

I have many friends whom have "miscarried" multiple babies & yes, everyone mourns differently. I understand that. Everyone's situation is similar, but each story is personally tailored to our own journey through this challenging event. I don't find it appropriate for any one to devalue MY personal feelings on MY loss. We aren't out to one up the other grieving parent. Like it's some sort of competition, as if to say "my son lived longer then your son, so he meant more. Was wanted more. Had more hopes and dreams wanted for them." Seriously?

We should be: kind, loving, caring, compassionate shoulders to cry upon and uplift each other through our darkest hours/days.

Harbor's life was cut short. But he has made such an impacted in so many peoples lives. Especially mine! I will NOT let anyone belittle his life.

"A persons a person, no matter how small." ~Dr. Seuss



No comments:

Post a Comment

Back Ground