Thursday, March 27, 2014

Aunt Flo

{WARNING: This post is all about PERIODS & not the ones at the end of your sentences.}


Aunt Flo has decided to show up. Unannounced & Unwanted.

She doesn't care that I personally can't stand her presence, ever. She could care less about my feelings or emotional state. She tags along everyday, all day. No matter where I go or what I'm doing. She likes to remind me, yet again, as if I didn't already know, that I am no longer pregnant. What an insensitive jerk!

Yesterday marked 6 weeks since I gave birth to Harbor. It has been a roller coaster of a time. I think I was secretly praying I wouldn't have a period. EVER. That somehow I could forget that bodies ever have them.

I have been a tad more irritated the past few days. I couldn't place my finger on why. But a trip to the restroom & I immediately knew why.

Well, I could look at it in a more positive light...I have officially had a period (which is how long we were told to wait, before even considering on trying to conceive again.)   Because we will now have an actual date to go off, for figuring out due dates, if I ever get pregnant again.

I can't even wrap my mind around any of that either right now.

Mostly out of worry & fear, of possibly loosing another baby during pregnancy. It's unfortunately our reality we will have to journey through when the time comes. And we will most likely not breath, cope or sleep well, the entire 9 months either.

But today. Is not that day.

Aunt Flo, I find your crappy timing, impeccable. Please back your bags & keep on trekking elsewhere. You are not welcome here. With all I have going on I my life right now, I definitely don't need you in it.

Sincerely, an over annoyed, grieving woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back Ground